Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Not-So-Pretty Finds

I spent last weekend with my parents and we took, what has become, a repeat antique browsing trip down to Monroe, Georgia. We visited Cherry Hill at the Mall in the former Monroe Cotton Mill. This place is under new management as the previous owner has vacated and is actually moving across the street to open an even larger antique mall. I can’t wait to make a future visit!

While browsing the aisles, I noticed a certain section that seemed to have, shall we say, uniquely designed items. Let me just lay in on the line here…..they were U.G.L.Y. and some were a bit scary!! Take a look at these beauties!

IMG_5027IMG_5028
This is a cat…..ummm…..okay. If you say so!           Sailor and blue cow????

IMG_5029IMG_5032
Gypsy/Mammie/Gardener/??????                             Just what I want in my room!

IMG_5030
Ahoy Matey! Love the British peg-leg guy!

IMG_5031
Now these beauties were the crown jewel. I almost got them, I really did!

Capping off our day we dined at the Redd House Restaurant in Jefferson, Georgia. They offer an awesome seafood buffet which includes catfish, shrimp, crawfish, bbq and all the fixings. Yummilicious!

IMG_5040IMG_5041
That crawfish guy completely demolished that little fried catfish!

I always treasure the time with my parents and I look forward to the next go-round!!!!

No comments: