Tuesday, November 17, 2009

39 days until Christmas

 

Yes, 39 days. A few weeks ago I received a several notifications for some online holiday classes. Two of the blogs I routinely visit by Kayla Aimee and Wilna are teaching a class called A DIY Holiday. They are offering new and beautiful, imaginative, artistic and inspiring projects to make every day for almost a month. Thus far we have instructions for a tutu, paper stars and a tree made from old books (very cool). These projects are beautiful and I look forward to finishing several (especially the stars). The other class I am taking is from Jessica Sprague and it is called Holidays in Hand. This is to be a great project to help tell the stories of holidays, past and present. We have just begun this series and I look forward to the daily emails with prompts for thought provoking holiday ideas. Over on Ali Edwards website we will be starting a December Daily soon. This will be an opportunity to record moments and events during the holiday season. All of these projects are related and I don’t know that I will actuallycomplete everything, but the goal is to reflect, observe, meditate and record as much a possible during this holiday season.


H

aving a two-year old granddaughter will no doubt transform this season into something childlike and amazing. Today we went to the mall for an hour or so and as with most retailers, Christmas decorations are already displayed (even Santa is at one of our local malls---hey, I think someone forgot to tell them they have to wait until the DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING). Mady took notice of things being slightly different. While her mom was in customer service, I took Mady to the Christmas tree/decoration section. Her little eyes sparkled with delight. The beautiful white tree with the pink, lime green and turquoise ribbons (I’ll post a picture of this tree later) and the green fir tree with red and gold decorations. She carefully touched the branches and said in her little squeaky voice, “Peatee.” Then we looked at some holiday home decorations and she loved the snowman pillow shaped like a star.



I just feel it in my bones….this is going to be a great child-like Christmas. By the way, I can’t wait until this gift arrives!!

A Little People® Nativity Set by Fisher-Price. It is so adorable!!!

No comments: