Saturday, January 30, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Earlier this week I, along with my daughter and granddaughter, spent a few days with my parents in Georgia. When we arrived home on Thursday I happened to catch the news and saw a report on how the grocery stores were out of bread and milk. Hmmm. Seems there is something going on that perhaps I don’t know about. Oh, I see. A BLIZZARD!

When my sweet husband arrives home I said, “So tell me about this blizzard prediction.” He proceeds to show me the radar (from his favorite Google Earth). Wow. Really? Ok.

Mady was staying the night (I keep her on Fridays) and I had my contractor, plumber and electrician coming to the house at 10:30 a.m. (oh yeah, I am getting ready to remodel the kitchen). Around 11:30 my contractor noticed it snowing pretty heavy. And it kept snowing. School was called, and the radar was GREEN, PURPLE, PINK, BLUE. It was nasty! Around 1:00 my husband called to say he was on his way home. By this time we probably had a good inch or more on the deck and it was also sleeting. He arrived home safely but, said he had a few rough spots on the side road. My daughter left work at 3ish but had to wait in a parking lot for her friend to come get her. She finally arrived at her destination at 7:15. Craziness! By nightfall it looked as though we had about 3-4 inches and the radar showed there was more headed out way.

We woke to no electricity but beautiful scenery! After breakfast and some play time we ventured out into the snow for more play and pictures. What an awesome day to take pictures! Since we weren’t really prepared to snow, we dressed Mady in whatever we could come up with. Layers of pants (including pj’s), layers of shirts, jacket, my socks and gloves and a toboggan. She loved the snow. Since we didn’t have the appropriate shoes we were only able to stay out for about 10 minutes. It wasn’t very cold and later in the day a fog rolled in. As we took Mady off the mountain to meet up with her daddy, we saw some beautiful scenery around the mountain. What a beautiful day!
sbow1 snow2









































snow3 






















snow4