Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Birdies, Fruit and Drive by Shooting

Bet that title got your attention, huh?!

First up, The Birdies.

Yesterday I woke at 4:30 a.m. and could not go back to sleep. Love Maui time! So, I sat on the balcony and precisely at 5:00 a.m. the birdies began their sweet medley (they also preformed this ritual precisely at 5 a.m. on Sunday, as well as today, which is Tuesday). The sun rises between 5:30 and 6:00 a.m., but the sky is certainly light way before.

As the birdies and I were communing, I decided to lure them into my "picture trap." My oh my, did it ever work! They even took a sneak peak this morning to see if I would perform the same show. Not today my birdie friends. You ate all the potato chips!
Sunrise. Looking at the island of Lanai across from Maui.
Hello birdie friend.


More please.



My, what big eyes you have!



This friend had to pick up the chips sort of sideways.




Breakfast view on the lanai of the hotel. Island of Lanai is in the background.

Fresh fruit....yum!

Still have striped feet!

Breakfast friend beside me.

Breakfast friend on the other side of me.

The moon is at its high.


So, that takes care of birdies and fruit. Now, you may ask, what about this "Drive By Shooting?" Well, one of my all time favorite things to do with my camera is to just shoot. No aiming, no focus, just shoot. Especially out the car window. Of course this is when I am the passenger, but I have been known to stick my point & shoot out the window while driving (yes, I keep my eyes on the road). It is somewhat amazing what kind of pictures you will get!

Now there are a bit too many pictures to put on the 'ole blog so HERE (JUST CLICK ON THIS) is a link to take you to the web album with my Drive By Shooting pictures. Hey, I wonder if you google, Drive by Shooting, my blog might appear somewhere in the list? Probably on page 37! But if I keep say Drive By Shooting it might boost me from page 37 to 26.

And finally, these two pictures are for Mady. She just loves her some mannequins (especially the ones at Old Navy). As soon as I saw these in one of the shops at the hotel....well I just had to post them for her. We miss you little cupcake girl.

No comments: