Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Word of Thanks

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. ~Melody Beattie

When I first read the quote above, I thought it spoke so eloquently of what I wanted to say. I decided to paraphrase it into my own words, so, on my recent facebook post I said, “I am thankful for all that has been, all that is and all that is to come.” The Captain (my sweet husband) said, “Even the bad?” Yes. Even the bad. Gratitude does help us to make sense of our past, even though we may not fully understand it. It certainly brings us peace and we see hope in the future.

Be gracious Show those around you, even strangers, your graciousness just as our Heavenly Father shows us His graciousness.

thanksgiving

No comments: