Monday, February 8, 2010

30 days of beauty

I follow several blogs and one of my absolute favs is Erin’s. I love her style, photography and her appreciation for the small  and simple things in life. Erin has challenged her readers to capture something beautiful until the first day of spring (March 20). According to Erin, “

I find myself in a bit of a photography rut. It's not that there aren't things to photograph, or I don't have my camera with me everywhere I go, I just find myself having a harder time seeing the beauty out there...everywhere!

So in an attempt to skip over this yearly rut altogether, I decided a little photo challenge was in order. Until spring is here, there will be 30 days where I capture something beautiful. It could be something as simple as a steaming coffee cup, frost on the window shield, or paper whites blooming in a window…Will you join me? Please, oh please?!” 

So yes, Erin, I will take up your challenge and here is one of my beauties today:
 IMG_0018






















Our “secret” project today was to make some Valentine cookies of various family members. I found a great recipe in Southern Living for Lemon Butter Cookies, except we added a bit more lemon zest than it called for. They are so delicious! This was the first time Mady had seen an electric mixer and she loved helping and watching.

Tomorrow we have Secret Project Two which involves, felt and stickers (her favorite). I hope she can keep these secret projects a secret from her mommy and daddy.

Thanks for the boost and the challenge Erin!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Donna, Great Blog!! I would love to see some of your pix from the Photo walk sunday. It was great meeting you!
Jill
(jumping girl)