Monday, February 22, 2010

Randomness

Sometimes I just crack myself up! Yes, I know, I am probably the ONLY one laughing at me, myself and I. Occasionally I have, well, random thoughts. You know, the kind that come from Mars or the other side of nothingness. Very seldom do I confess my random thoughts to anyone, but the other day while driving, I divulged one to my sweet husband. Therefore, since I let the cat out of the bag, so to speak, I will proceed and confess here.

 



As far back as I can remember, even back into my early childhood, music has stirred different thoughts in my noggin. All of us have at one time or another pretended to sing that pop song while holding the hairbrush in our hands. Even into my early adulthood, I played the sing-sing game (especially during the Star Search era in the ‘80s when I was a young adult at the time). My feeling on this is that it is a pretty common thing that most folks do. But there is another thought that occurs in my medulla oblongata. Some songs, not all, just certain ones, lead me into the world of……..choreography. And not just any choreography, but figure skating choreography. There, I said it. Yes, I picture the entire performance in my nutty little brain. From the laybacks, to the spins, to the double and triple toe loops, spirals and camel spins. I imagine it all! Costumes, hand gestures, and the endings. I never know what song will trigger this random thought, it just happens.

When I confessed this to my sweet husband, he didn’t laugh. Well, at least not out loud. There wasn’t any eye-rolling either (that I could see). Just a simple nod of the head and a verbal “Oh.” I guess after almost 10 years of knowing me he possibly isn’t shocked by this revelation of randomness. He has heard some of my other randomness, but not all! I just issue bits and pieces at a time. It’s just better that way!

Even though figure skating choreography is certainly not anything I aspire to do, I could probably choreograph a dang good routine (well, in my nutty brain anyway)!

One day, and that day is not too far off, I will be able to share, with joyful giddiness, my random thoughts with Mady. And you know what? She will get it and be random-ee right along with me!

DSC_8428

No comments: