Monday, August 16, 2010

Randomness

The following two items were purchased at the Highway 127-World’s Longest Yard Sale. This is a once a year event that spans 654 miles and several states from Ohio to Alabama.

First this farm table that dates back to the early 1900’s. It’s about 72 inches long and 45 inches wide. It is beautiful and I love the drawers on the side. This will become our new dining room table (need to purchase chairs now).

DSC_0287

DSC_0286

 

 

 

 

 


DSC_0285

 

 

 

 

 


Second, I found this great old kitchen storage cabinet. It dates back to the late 1800’s. I’m not really sure what it’s called, but it is rugged and so shabby chic. Well, at least I think it is shabby chic! This will become a member of the new kitchen over then next month.

DSC_0289

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love purses. These are my two new favorites. This first one I found on Kauai at a little shop called Hanalei Strings. Very cool little shop! The purse was knitted, felted then assembled. It is delightful! The second purse was purchased in Boulder City, Nevada. Amy Arnaz had one of these little beauties when we had lunch, so I went right out and bought one. I just love it! Give me some blue jeans and thanks Amy!

DSC_0288

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

DSC_4227

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

I love, love, love cooking on gas! Yep, my stove is a little dirty, but you will see why in the next picture.

DSC_0299

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

I like to listen to the Food Network, especially on Sundays, and I happen to catch an episode of Barefoot Contessa cooking some Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya. It looked yummilicious and I fixed it last night. So, yes, my stove got dirty and it made enough to feed a small army!

DSC_0283

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0284

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0282

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


One of our local furniture stores is “going out of business” or so they say, but they did have some great reduced prices. Here’s a peek at some of the new pieces I purchased to join the kitchen/den renovation (plaid couch, red rocker/recliner and olive/sage green chair).

DSC_0290

DSC_0291

DSC_0292

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And finally, as I usually end some of my posts……My Little Cupcake Eeyore! This was taken at her birthday party. I just couldn’t resist this photo opportunity! I just love her! Happy Birthday my little Cupcake!

DSC_0145

No comments: