Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Graduation

Last week was a week that many will not forget. The mid-week tornado devastation in our surrounding area continues to be overwhelming, but that is not what this post is about. This post is about . . .

DSC_6480

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . her. My youngest, my baby, my little-grown-up girl. Can’t you just see the happiness on that sweet face? As I said in an earlier post, she has accomplished so much, both educationally and personally.

I had not seen her since Christmas and when she walked into our hotel room I saw a different look about her. It was as though she had grown up, matured, had a certain confidence about her, carried herself differently, etc. I also saw how much she looked like my Mother. I remember certain pictures of my Mother when she was in her early 20’s and the resemblance was amazing. Even my sweet husband noticed.

After a wonderful dinner at the Melting Pot (her favorite) on Friday, we began the graduation festivities early Saturday morning. She looked so adorable in her dress, heels and cap & gown and she didn’t seem the least bit nervous. It was a beautiful day with the temperature in the mid-70’s, which is so nice for Florida! The ceremony took place on the Jacksonville University campus, under the tall moss-covered oak trees.

DSC_6423

DSC_6439

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_6445

DSC_6457

 

 

 

 

 

 


The processional was led by bagpipes. It was lovely to hear that sweet melody playing in the distance, then grow louder as they led the faculty and graduates in. I did manage to get a picture of her walking in.

DSC_6432

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_6427

DSC_6440

DSC_6435

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_6458DSC_6459

 

 

 

 

 

 


And now the-walk-across-the-stage!

DSC_6466DSC_6467

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_6468DSC_6470

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_6471DSC_6474

 

 

 

 

 

 

And finally, THE GRADUATE!

DSC_6481

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_6485

DSC_6487

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_6491

 

 

 

 

 

 


Following the ceremony we had a great lunch at River City Brewing Company.

DSC_6497

DSC_6498

 

 

 

 

 

 


DSC_6503

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_6508DSC_6509_1

 

 

 

 

 

 


DSC_6518DSC_6529

 

 

 

 

 

 


DSC_6533

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A very special thank you to Geneva and Dillon (Kayla’s Meemaw and Gigi) and Diane and David (Kayla’s aunt and uncle). It was comforting to me to know that she had family within a 30 minute drive while she has been away at college! Also, a very special thank you to Josh, Kayla’s boyfriend. Thank you Josh for encouraging Kayla and loving her.

And Kayla, again, I am so proud of you and I love you bunches!

Of course, what would one of my post’s be without a parting shot? Here you go! This is my little bobble head graduate!

DSC_6501

1 comment:

SarahKL said...

When I saw that first picture of Kayla, I literally gasped! She is STUNNING!!!! You have two AMAZING daughters - beautiful on the outside and the inside. You should be a proud mama. :)