Thursday, April 28, 2011

She

When she was a little girl she was attached to me at the hip or legs or feet. She was a Mama’s girl (and still is, but shhhhh).

She loved her babies, just like her big sister. Her favorite was Rosie, who was almost as big as she, when she first got her. When Rosie’s arm could no longer be repaired, I drove to several stories to find a duplicate. Old Rosie was retired to the attic and New Rosie found her place of honor. I still have both.

From an early age she always had to know how to do something before she did it. From gymnastics to school stuff. This even carried through to her first job at 16. She worried because she wanted to know how to perform the tasks before she even started the job. She worried for no reason. She did great!

She is quiet, but she certainly has a goofy side. See?

DSC_1125

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She makes me laugh.

DSC_1196_1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She has faced some adversity.

DSC_1554

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Of course with that face above, adversity turned tail and ran!


DSC_1860

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


She is very intelligent.

DSC02508

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well…..you’ll just have to take my word for it.

She left high school at the start of her junior year to attend a middle college high school at our local community college. She says it seems like she has been in college forever. She’s right.

DSC_1553

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 


And now? Now she will be graduating this Saturday. I am so proud of her.

IMG956274

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Let’s hope she finds her happy face before graduation!

I love you Kayla.

1 comment:

Traci said...

this made me laugh until the last pic.. then I teared up.. I want to be there so bad! :( I am so proud of her! She is beautiful smart and weird.. what more could I ask for in a sister!?! xoxo to her!

Mady says: Thoes pictures are fuuuunny. She was wit me in some.

Thank goodness I have my own little Kayla.. :) There isnt another person on this planet I would wish my daughter would be like!