Sunday, November 6, 2011

New Sculpture in the House

What a beautiful weekend here in southeast Tennessee! My sweet Captain and I took a little fall color cruise on the Tennessee river. I will have a blog post about that this week, but first I have to show you what I found and share a recipe.

After returning from the store today, I was putting up the groceries and opened the drawer where I normally put onions and potatoes. Now it had been quite a while since I had actually opened the drawer, well maybe more than quite a while. To my surprise I found the following. Not one, but two!

DSC_5264

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I had to laugh, but these two blooming onions really intrigued me. As I looked at them I wondered if I could maybe shellac them, bronze them or even coat them with polyurethane. Hmmm, they are quite artsy.

DSC_5260

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And now for a great recipe share.

I did some searching for new recipes this weekend. I ran across one that looked really good for Slower Cooker Pork Chops from The Country Cook blog. It looked easy and delicious. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
4 Bone-in Pork Chops (you can use boneless)
1 envelope Onion Soup Mix (1 Oz. Packet)
1-½ cups Chicken Broth 1 can (10.5 Oz) Cream Of Chicken Soup (low Sodium)
1 envelope Dry Pork Gravy Mix (1 Oz. Packet)

Directions:
Place pork chops in slow cooker. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients and pour over chops. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. (NOTE: I started this a little late so, I cooked mine on high for 2 hours then low for about 3 hours)

DSC_5256

DSC_5258

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


It really was that simple! And the taste? My, oh my! It was fork tender and had a great flavor! I served it with a side of sautéed French green beans and pearled couscous from Near East (I love all their products). This will certainly be a repeat!

DSC_5265DSC_5266DSC_5267

No comments: