Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Peaking Colors of Fall

Today is the first of November and here in the southeast corner of Tennessee, our fall colors are peaking! A few weeks ago I didn’t have much hope for the vibrant colors we’ve had in the past. August was without any rain and temperatures were a bit unbearable for our region. Early September delivered much needed rain and October sweetened the deal with cooler temperatures.

After returning from a trip to Arizona the weekend of the 22nd, I noticed an impressive change. I took a few photos around our house and across the street. Early morning sunlight illuminates the gold leaves toward the tops of the trees.

DSC_4785

DSC_4443DSC_4788

 

 

DSC_4435

 

 

 

 

 

 


Earlier in the week I drove around our mountain town a bit before sunset. The local golf course is always a great photo stop and it didn’t disappoint me this year either.

DSC_4358

DSC_4357DSC_4367

 

 

 

 

 

 


Next stop was Signal Point. I arrived just in time for a splendid sunset. It was so peaceful.

DSC_4371

DSC_4384DSC_4375DSC_4379DSC_4381

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_4395

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The following day Cupcake Girl and I walked up her neighborhood street and captured more beauty!

DSC_4412DSC_4413DSC_4415DSC_4419

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_4426DSC_4427DSC_4428

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


DSC_4433

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


DSC_4353DSC_4409

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_4423

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


This weekend we will be taking a color cruise on the Tennessee River. The Captain and I are looking forward to this adventure and I hope to bring you more fall beauty around Tennessee!

1 comment:

Traci said...

BEAUTIFUL MOM!! I am so proud of you and your skills!