Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving, Birthdays and the Such – Part 1

My, oh, my. It’s been a busy and exciting time around here lately! Christmas is fast approaching and I’m gearing up to make a few presents, but Thanksgiving and birthday celebrations took center stage last week. My daughter Traci and her husband Zak celebrate their birthdays within 3 days of each other. So in addition to eating our Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday evening, we also celebrated the first of the birthdays, Traci’s!

I had a blast preparing dinner on Wednesday. My parents brought me a turkey breast they had fried and I used my Mom’s dressing recipe. The only twist was that I cooked the dressing in large muffin tins. It turned out fabulous! Thanks Mother!

DSC_5772DSC_5773DSC_5780DSC_5784

 

 

 

 


Other accompaniments to the turkey and dressing were:
Glazed Sweet Potatoes (courtesy of The Neelys)
Fresh Green Beans (thanks to my parent’s garden and canning abilities)
Baked Macaroni and Cheese (courtesy of Alton Brown)
Deviled Eggs
Chicken and Dumplings
Banana Pudding

Traci requested apple pie for her “birthday cake” and I found a great recipe for making mini-apple pies in muffin tins. Not only was it fun to make, it was pretty good! Now, it would have been better IF I hadn’t forgotten to take it out of the oven on time. I actually overcooked it by about 10 minutes. I didn’t burn it, but you could certainly taste the over-doneness in the crust. I plan on a do-over soon!

DSC_5785DSC_5791DSC_5792

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This little pie made a great substitution, don’t you think?

DSC_5793

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_5794

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


After dinner we had a little photo time. Here are a few of the funny ones! Someone was really getting into the piano playing mode!

DSC_5800DSC_5803DSC_5822DSC_5823DSC_5834DSC_5836

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


And now some cute ones!

DSC_5799DSC_5814DSC_5851

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_5852

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Guess you could say she was done, over and out!

Stay tuned for part 2 tomorrow!

No comments: