Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Favorites | Day 1

As I’ve been thinking about different posts to share with you regarding our time in Maui, I decided to mix in a little bit of favorite photos from each day. It was such a wonderful couple of weeks and I could probably write a post-a-day for the rest of the month. I’ve completed several posts that you can view here, here, here and here.

Everyone was taking pictures throughout the week, but I haven’t seen all of them as of yet. My hope is to make a photobook with everyone’s favorites so we can share and remember. So, these are just my photographs. I used my iPhone, small point and shoot, bigger point and shoot and finally my Nikon D7000.

With further adieu, here is Day 1, with a little commentary included.

IMG_5602
6:14am | Atlanta airport heading to the T-gates for departure to Denver

IMG_5607IMG_5635


Cupcake Girl and her companion, Oswald and of course Dad

IMG_5652IMG_5687


First plane ride.

IMG_5679
Denver airport. Next stop Maui!

IMG_5688IMG_5699IMG_5724



IMG_5753

IMG_5731IMG_5743



IMG_5765
What better way to be greeted than with a fabulous Hawaiian rainbow!

IMG_5784


I love everything, yes, every-single-thing about this shot. Green fields, ocean, mountain, clouds and the communities below. Love!

DSC_2590


Entry way for our house. Beautiful marble floors and lovely light pouring in. I entered first so I could capture everyone coming in! I love their beautiful smiling faces and excitement!

DSC_2592DSC_2593

DSC_2594DSC_2596

DSC_2597
View coming down the entryway.

DSC_2600DSC_2606DSC_2607

DSC_2612
Cupcake got her first American Girl Doll. Her name is Kanani and she was the Girl of the Year in 2011. She is Hawaiian and came with a ukulele, lei, clothes, a doggie and much more. Let’s just say, Kanani had a great time in Maui and was the perfect present. Everyone else got “bed-presents” but I forgot to take a picture of those. Hopefully someone else did!

DSC_2617


Zak is the man of the hour. He was the first one in the pool…..but not for long!

DSC_2622


Last picture of the day. A beautiful sunset to start our wonderful week!

No comments: