Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Parents

I visited my parents this past week for a few days. A few blissful days! Occasionally it is nice to just go and visit them alone. Just me. We talked, laughed, picked on my dad, ate, shopped, ate some more, shopped some more and sat on the porch in the turning-cool evening air. I always feel a sense of calmness/peacefulness/serenity there. They have a home that is beautifully decorated and a yard of the same caliber.

We ate some delicious vegetables (some from their small garden) and went out for some awesome fish & chips and sandwiches. They were troupers as we scoured junk/antique/warehouse stores and we all came home with some terrific purchases.

DSC_5085-2

DSC_5098

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_5110-2

DSC_5114

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_5106

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love all of the gorgeous flowers still blooming in their yard.

DSC_5134

DSC_5138

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_5139-2

DSC_5143

 

 

 

 

 

I happened to be in the right place at the right time and captured this amazing butterfly eating.

DSC_5145

DSC_5147

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_5150

DSC_5151

 

 

 

 

 

I love my parent’s beautiful front door.

DSC_5159

DSC_5160

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_5161

 

 

 

 

 

 

And I truly love my parents.

DSC_5168

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


DSC_5170 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Aren’t they cute?! And as always, I have to end with a little bit of Cupcake Cuteness!

IMG_1468

1 comment:

Amy Arnaz said...

Your parents are lovely. I still remember that post you did a while back about your father. I wish I could visit my parents just once more. Bet you loved your visit. Lucky girl. xoxo Amy