Monday, March 15, 2010

Bundled Up



Here I go again…..

This week the theme at iheartfaces is Bundled Up. Since we had several snowfalls in January, I remembered taking a picture that would showcase this theme.

Mady was staying with us overnight on a Thursday. There was a prediction for snow the following day (Friday) and into the weekend with accumulation of about 3 inches. I had been out of town a few days earlier that week, so I hadn’t watched any weather reports. On Friday I met with our contractor and electrician about our kitchen renovation and during that meeting we noticed the snow starting to fall. After about an hour, it seemed to be accumulating rather rapidly, so our visitors departed. I kept peeking outside and it just kept accumulating. Schools were closing and even my husband’s office closed early. Needless to say, Mady stayed with us the following two evenings.

We woke to a beautiful snow-filled yard the next day and Mady wanted to go out and play. Oops! We were not prepared with clothes for playing in the snow. Ahhh, being the wonderful Lulu that I am, I came up with some new snow gear. With tights, 2 pair of pants (some too small for her), jacket with a hood, my toboggan, my big gloves, 1 pair of my socks and 1 pair of her socks, Mady was ready to go! So we crunched our way through the snow for about thirty minutes and I took this adorable photo of my beautiful, bundled up little cupcake girl! I love how the gloves make her look like she as ET fingers!
DSC_7487
























Be sure to visit iheartfaces to see more awesome bundled up photos!

8 comments:

Brittany Davis Photography said...

precious photo....love her beautiful eyes!

Anonymous said...

I love the composition, colours and her beautiful bright eyes!

Heather said...

Sweet. That's the best word for this photo. Sweet face. Sweet expression. Great color! :) It just makes you say "awwww." :D

Bunch of Barrons said...

So cute...Love the colors in the shot!

Unknown said...

Cute picture. My kids don't ever care what they are wearing, they just want to play in the snow. Sounds like you had a fun time.

Khannie said...

Cute. Cute.

Sarah Ann said...

Such a cute picture! I love your blog!!! I'm following now!

Amy Arnaz said...

Hi Donna~ I stopped by to check up on your kitchen progress this week and was pleasantly surprised to see that little Munchkin peeking out from beneath her knitted, red hat. Adorable. xoxo Amy