Friday, March 12, 2010

Kitchen Renovation – Day 4

Stormy, rainy day. Around 9ish the plumbers arrived to start the new gas piping installation (for the gas range) and shortly thereafter the sheetrock arrived as well as the New Blue crew, Nathan (the electrician) and Stuart (just to check in). They all began working. Hammering, sawing, up and down the attic stairs, in/out the front door, music and lots of chatting/laughing. These are AWESOME sounds! It’s wonderful to be around folks who truly love their job and who want it to be done right. They treat the my home as if it were their home. Thanks guys!!!

So, more electrical wiring, new gas piping, adding some sub-flooring the the cabinet area and expanding two door openings! EXCITING!!!

Mady was here for the day and never once minded all the noise. She even rested for almost 2 hours. She also entertained the New Blue guys with her rendition of Yellow Submarine. They loved that! Mady and I had to leave before they finished up for the day and when I arrived back home I had a lovely surprise…..a clean kitchen/den area. I really wasn’t expecting that!

So here a few pictures from today.
DSC_8981 DSC_8974












DSC_9032 DSC_9038












DSC_9039 DSC_9035


























DSC_9040 DSC_9042












Next week’s happenings:  Hanging sheetrock, drywall and installation of cabinets

As for me, well I still need to “tag” the granite and pick out the tile backsplash (as well as making a quick visit to see Kayla for a pre-birthday time of fun). Finally, I can’t post on this last day of the week without my cute little cupcake!DSC_8984

1 comment:

Amy Arnaz said...

Ugh! A remarkable amount of work between the Day 1 photos and today's photos. I want to redo my old kitchen but dread the process. You seem to be OK with it! Can't wait to see the final product. I really love Sally's redo.... Amy