Friday, March 12, 2010

Kitchen Renovation – Day 3

Here we are on Day 3. No New Blue guys today, but plumbers, electrician, Stuart and more kitchen shopping!

Stuart and I met to go over the agenda for the next week, as well as what else I needed to shop for and accomplish. I love lists, so thanks Stuart!

The plumbers, from Walden Plumbing, finished the tear-out of the sink and installed new piping. I did hear several of the guys say that the “copper was in great shape” so, I was relieved about that. It may seem kind of strange to get excited about seeing new pipes, but wow, looks pretty cool to me!
DSC_8953DSC_8954 














Stuart and I did a walk through and he created lots of “writings” on the wall for the electrician, Nathan. I thought they were pretty cool, especially the “mystery” one!
DSC_8957 DSC_8958


























DSC_8970 DSC_8960


























Nathan, the electrician, installed the can-lighting boxes and the light-fixture boxes. He also began some of the switch and outlet re-wiring (or something like that).
DSC_8967 DSC_8964












Shopping was very successful! Traci (thanks for helping me my darling daughter), Mady and I headed out to Home Depot and found the sink (beautiful black granite composite), a new hot tap water dispenser (with a savings of $130), a new faucet (that matches the hot water dispenser) and finally the door/drawer pulls (in black) for the beautiful natural hickory cabinets. Lovely success!!

So at the end of the day we have a beautiful mess!
 DSC_8961

























DSC_8962
























Looking forward to more progress tomorrow!

No comments: